Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Still Learning

My passion may be learning . . . about anything. I'm certainly a work in progress when it comes to my occupation. Educational technology is ever-changing and is always interesting to me. I hate it when I make mistakes; and, I absolutely hate it when I feel overwhelmed with the manusha of work (things that I could easily show someone else how to do) and then let big things slip by me. I am also a work in progress when it comes to life in general.

Back to what I love -- learning! Tonight I attended Biotech 101 at the HudsonAlpha Institute in Huntsville. Dr. Neil Lamb is one of those individuals who has found his passion and is connecting it with a community to reap rewards. For 90 minutes, I was spellbound. Amazingly, I think I understood some of what he said! DNA, genomes, proteins, chromosomes, etc., filled the air and my brain. We laughed and we learned. It was a great night, and I am looking forward to the next few weeks.

I'm still learning . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment